Welcome to another edition of “Ask the MLS.” Here, we talk to people running innovative MLSs around the country and ask them questions about their markets, their members and what keeps them up at night.
Today’s post features Glenn Christoph, CEO of Intermountain MLS in Boise, Idaho, which serves 6,300 members. Here’s what Glenn had to say:
1. Tell us about the Boise market. What makes it unique?
Boise is in an area that has very little market overlap. This is a good thing for agents so they only need to belong to one MLS. Boise is also a growing city with people moving from so many different states – this makes housing a challenge.
2. What are the biggest challenges you face in providing products and services to your members?
Intermountain’s biggest challenge is marketing and education. In 2019, we hired a full-time marketing manager to help with this.
It is always a challenge to find the best way to get the word out to members – social media, email, text. Each agent consumes data differently.
3. How has the real estate market changed for consumers in Intermountain in the last five years?
The Boise market continues to grow, so the new housing market needs to grow with it.
4. What keeps you up at night?
WOW. Doing what I can to create a great work place and have happy staff. A happy staff translates to happy agents. I feel the key to what we do is customer service.
5. What is your favorite warm weather vacation destination?
Laguna, California and Disneyland. Laguna is where my wife and I were married. And Disneyland: It’s the happiest place on earth.