on June 26, 2014
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) has just released its 2013-14 REALTOR Technology Survey Report, and the results are clear: real estate agents want better mobile technology.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- More than half of Realtors use Apple iPhones.
- The vast majority (94%) use mobile devices to communicate with clients.
- 2 out of 3 agents use their mobile devices to take work-related pictures.
- 62% of Realtors want more technology from their MLSs, and nearly half want more technology from their brokers.
- What they want: better mobile capabilities, better mobile apps, improved CMA functionality, more ease of use, updated information, and training.
Homesnap Pro is perfectly positioned to provide agents with what they need: a better mobile option that delivers all of the functionality they have requested to do their jobs faster and smarter.
MRIS recognized Homesnap Pro’s value to agents and bought subscriptions to the app for each of its 44,000+ customers. Homesnap’s broker partners listened to their agents and answered their requests for better mobile technology. This NAR survey only underscores the value that Homesnap Pro can bring to other MLS’s and brokerages.
on June 20, 2014
David Howell, executive vice president and chief information officer at McEnearney Associates, Inc., one of our Homesnap Pro launch partners, published a blog post last week about why Zillow’s Zestimates are so frequently inaccurate. It’s a good explanation of why an “automated valuation model” (AVM), which is how Zillow arrives at its home values, is incapable of predicting home values with the accuracy needed for people to make smart real estate decisions. Apps like Homesnap, which relies on MLS data rather than automated valuations, are much better options for househunters looking for accurate information about home values.
Give the post a read - it’s definitely worth the time.
on June 12, 2014
A comparative market analysis (CMA) allows Realtors to compare available market data and provide clients with a well-researched estimate of what a buyer should offer for a home or what a seller should list their property for to achieve an efficient closing.
With Homesnap Pro, real estate agents can generate rapid CMAs directly from their phones or tablets (iOS or Android), as well as the web and mobile web. Homesnap’s data does the work.
Follow these steps below to create a rapid CMA.
1. Snap or explore the home your clients are interested in.
2. Click “Send Rapid CMA Report” to get started.
3. Confirm the home’s details. This will help Homesnap pull similar listings that match your specified criteria.
4. Select up to three active “For Sale” listings that you think are comparable to the home you are researching.
5. Select up to three “Under Contract” or “Sold” homes that are similar to the home you are researching.
That’s it! Homesnap will compile all of that information into the CMA. All you have to do is add your client’s email address, include a message optional) and hit “Send”!
Click here to view a sample CMA.